Skip to content

Media Refuse To Hand Over Audio In Charlie Sheen Investigation

July 29, 2016

Celebrity website RadarOnline.com and the National Enquirer tabloid on Thursday refused to hand over material sought by authorities investigating threats that those media reported actor Charlie Sheen had made against a former girlfriend.

The latest commotion involving Sheen, which began as celebrity gossip, appears to have transcended to a battle over press freedom and a possible criminal case.

Three times married, Sheen’s career has been overshadowed for years by his admittedly raucous lifestyle, substance abuse, stints in rehab and fondness for dating porn stars.

Los Angeles police on Tuesday served a search warrant on the New York headquarters of American Media Inc., the parent company of RadarOnline and the Enquirer.

The LAPD said its threat management division had opened a criminal investigation of Sheen.

The police probe follows published reports by RadarOnline and the National Enquirer about audio in which a man, said to be the former “Two and a Half Men” TV star, is heard saying he would like to see a former fiancee “have her head kicked in.”

Sheen’s attorney has not replied to requests for comment.

RadarOnline said on Thursday in a report that it has “no intention of turning over documents or identifying sources in the matter.”

“We believe the search warrant is illegal and violates federal and state law prohibiting the use of search warrants against media companies who are reporting news and information,” Dylan Howard, editor in chief of The National Enquirer and editorial director of RadarOnline.com, said in a statement.

The two publications first reported on the audio at the end of March, saying it was provided by a former lover of Sheen. They have reported quotes from the audio but have not made it available online.

According to a copy provided on Thursday by RadarOnline of the search warrant and an affidavit, the Los Angeles police investigation was triggered by Scottine Ross, a former porn star and fiancee of Sheen, who accused him in a December lawsuit of assault and of having sex with her without revealing he was HIV positive.

Sheen announced in a November interview that he had been diagnosed with HIV about four years earlier, but said it was “impossible” that he had transmitted the virus to anyone else.

According to the affidavit, Ross went to police fearing for her life after reading the initial RadarOnline.com and National Enquirer reports in March, which said that Sheen had made threats against Ross in calls to another unidentified woman.

  

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant and Sharon Bernstein; Editing by Daniel Trotta and Bernadette Baum)

— This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

Source: www.huffingtonpost.com

Wilson Police Department and the District Attorneys Offices de Cline to give victim of an Assault and more done by Wilson County PublicSchools Official Vivian Roach 2/18/13a copy of the Dough Filed for the case which includes per Wilson PD Captain Eric Smith Internal affairs Officer includes statements made by Wilson County Schools Board per their statement as to what took place 2/18/13 with the Assault and more of Prose Rep, Parent Dorothy Cook by their Offialc Public School Employee during an required NC OAHSpecial Education Contested Court case 13-EDC-07545 filed on Megan Cook behalf against the WCS Board and the statements we’re submitted on their behalf by their Law Firm Schwartz & Shaw P. L. L. C.  Attorneys afLaw Attorney Rachel B.  Hitch.  As the question came to mind none of the Wilson County Schools Board members we’re present 2/18/13 when the Assault and more occurred so what did they have to say as witness to what occured?  It was also questioned if Attorney Rachel Hitch had witness statements that provided names of the WCS employees she alleged on their behalf on 2/18/13 harassed by the nature of her communications why did she not provide those names to Prose Rep Dorothy Cook or the NC OAH Cout as that court case was still active?  Ixf the Wilson PD had any evidence that Dorothy Cook haddid as WCS and it’s law firm alleged in their 2/18/13 dated letter Contact with School System Employees and Presence on School Property’ why did they not even contact Do you othy Cook or file criminal charge against Dorothy Cook?  As well as the fact the Dough file is accessible and part of the case record and is info that can be provided upon R’s request which Dorothy Cook the victim has made and it makes us wonder what changes are being made now that the Wilson PD has admitted they errored but will do nothing to correct it,  who knows the Dough File could be errased and rewrote to coincide with the new story that will be told by man but never by God we say it’s time for CHANGE!  This corruption has got to stop NOW! 

Advertisements

From → Scoop.it

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: